Monday, October 22, 2007

New(Not Better)

I have been SOOO busy, what with being a mother of 3, one of which is a 10 mos. old bebe!!! I am learning in this walk with the Lord about my need to take EVERYTHING to Him and TRUE servanthood! Which, after all, is what Jesus asks us to be, a servant to the lowly and unlovable... So, since our very lives are a means of tempering the glass if you will, my family is that flame with which He tempers me. Sometimes.

With that being said, do you ever have days when one, or both, or all your children seem to have a new(not better), attitude? And it would seem as if they collaborated in the wee hours of the morning that not one but ALL should don this new(not better), attitude? Well, I have. Today happens to be one of those days! Daughter, age 7 yrs., woke up early, with nary a peep from any other sibling, however when other sibling(i.e. 5yr old brother) appears the crabby comes out as if he had been pestering her all along! Not to mention the ugly that pokes its nose in the business, thus, setting the ball of new(not better), attitudes a rollin' in our home this morning...

And did I mention we home school!! So, when the new(not better) attitude arrives it is ALL mine to "try" and deal with it(appropriately). How, I ask, does one deal with an attitude "problem" that seems to permeate every being in the house by this time?!!! I know, I will send them to their room, to sit on their beds! And that is what I did. Today it worked, for now(since today is not yet through). But this is not the first time that this has happened, nor will it be the last I am sure. I am just not entirely sure how to curtail "bad attitudes". One thing I do know! I can ALWAYS take it to the Lord and lay it at His feet! Now, if I can only remember to do that before my emotions of irritation direct my reaction! That my friend. I am certain. Is the secret.

2 comments:

Pam--in America said...

I have had days like that! And I always do the same thing you did. I send them to their rooms until they can be someone I would like to be around. My daughter's 8, so she is sent to her room to pray about her attitude; she's tenderhearted and that always works for her. My son is 4, so just the isolation of being in his room changes his tune quick enough (usually). Hang in there! I home school as well, so I know exactly how you feel. And you are so right -- just take it to the Lord!

I live IN Jesus said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Pam! I am soooo thankful that I have a relationship with Jesus, I do not know how people make it without! God bless you!
Sarah T